PLAYING ON AIR SEEKS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Who We Are
On public radio and podcast, Playing on Air is the home of America's greatest playwrights, actors, and directors - a new way to experience theater. As a non-profit devoted to theater accessibility, we record compelling, short audio plays and release them for audiences nationwide, for free and on-demand. Learn more at playingonair.org
Playing on Air is seeking a Development Associate to begin work on or around May 15. This paid position is part-time, approximately 2 days per week, with some schedule flexibility.
• Extraordinary writing and interpersonal skills
• High level of organization and self-motivation
• Project management skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Some familiarity with the American theater and playwriting landscape
• Based in or within commuting distance of NYC
• Previous grant writing, fundraising, or arts administration experience
• Familiarity with federal and state funding platforms (e.g., Grants Gateway)
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Research foundations, grants, state funding and donors
• Serve as primary grant writer for new and recurring funding
• Work closely with the Producing Artistic Director to draft proposals to donors
• Assist in planning and managing annual fundraising event
• Track grant reporting requirements, draft reports and coordinate report submission
• Meet with potential funders as necessary
• Maintain infrastructure for federal and state funding sources
• Spearhead new fundraising initiatives in conversation with the Producing Artistic Director and Board
Initial application should include a current resume & a one-page pitch letter introducing us to a nonprofit or organization whose work you are passionate about.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Development Associate Application - Your Name.”
We’re hoping to fill this position by month’s end & encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.