PLAYING ON AIR SEEKS COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Who We Are
On public radio and podcast, Playing on Air is the home of America's greatest playwrights, actors, and directors - a new way to experience theater. As a non-profit devoted to theater accessibility, we record compelling, short audio plays and release them for audiences nationwide, for free and on-demand.
Playing on Air is seeking a Communications Manager to develop new audiences and deepen the engagement of our current listeners. The Communications Manager will work closely with PoA’s founder/producer and the PoA staff to design and implement detailed, actionable plans for audience engagement and expansion. This position is part-time, paid hourly (commensurate with experience) approximately 2 days per week, with some schedule flexibility.
● Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in marketing, press, and social media arenas
● Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrated project management experience: high-level of organizational skills, self-motivation, and ability to meet deadlines
● Familiarity with the American theater and playwriting landscape
● Proximity to NYC
Primary Job Responsibilities
● Strategize and implement marketing, press, and social media to expand POA’s audience
● Manage and implement social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), with an engaging, clear, and consistent brand voice
● Work with Development and Production staff to ensure unity of brand voice
● Maintain and leverage website
● Write press releases and pitches for media outlets
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples (e.g. press release, blog post, marketing copy) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject line should include “Communications Manager Application” and your name.
Playing on Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or marital status in employment of the provision of services or any other category protected by law.