PLAYING ON AIR seeks an Assistant Producer
Playing on Air delivers a taste of theater to all, for free and on demand. We do it by recording compelling short plays by the country’s top playwrights using celebrated actors and award-winning directors, and making them easily accessible through public radio broadcast and podcast. Check out our website at www.playingonair.org
Our Assistant Producer works directly with our Founder and Producing Artistic Director, Claudia Catania, on a range of projects and duties:
● Updating and maintaining the Playing on Air website. Familiarity with Squarespace Template/ Code Injection is important
● Releasing bi-monthly Podcast via Libsyn
● Uploading full radio episodes onto the Public Radio Exchange (PRX, our distributor), and updating our profile pages there
● Assisting Producer
● Creating business plans
● Keeping PRX Editors aware of our episodes in order to highlight them to their member public radio stations
● Creating visually dynamic and informative bi-monthly email blasts to our mailing list for each new podcast release
● Working with our Social Media manager to coordinate posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
● Managing the Google Adwords grant award and Adwords campaign
● Evaluating Google Analytics data, and applying that information to future campaigns
● Prepping for studio recording sessions, and periodically helping on-site
● Helping to plan, manage and produce our Annual Live Recording/Benefit featuring live recordings of 2-3 short plays followed by interviews with the artists, and a reception with food/drink
● Background or avid interest in theater; BA
● Exceptional management, writing and communication skills
● Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word). Acquaintance with design and organizational apps like Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and the Asana platform a big plus
● Organizational strength and ability to manage simultaneous projects and demands
● Creative problem solving ability
● Interest in learning new skills and being part of a highly collaborative team
● Familiarity with Pro Tools or other Audio editing software a big plus (including ability to edit interviews to meet the constraints of time/narrative structure)
● Photography and graphic design skills a plus
Located on the Upper West Side, close to #1,2,3 trains. Open to full and half time positions with a starting pay of $20/hour. Position available immediately. Review in six months.
Send cover letter, resume, supplemental writing assignment and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supplemental Writing assignment
1. How do you respond to this podcast? What are its strengths, its weaknesses?
2. Are there any graphic ideas that come to mind to help present this play on Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram or PRX?
3. How would you briefly describe this piece to prospective listeners? To a public radio station programmer?
4. How might you market this podcast?
Please include your answers in a document you submit with your cover letter, resume and three references.